Sunday, June 7, 2015

Farmer's Tan Be Gone

I can say with almost 100% certainty that this is the first summer in my life where I do not currently have a farmer's tan. It has been my goal for years now to prevent myself from acquiring these hard cut off tan lines that my body is so inclined to getting at the start of every summer. My last few days have been spent mostly lying on the beach with my shirt off, a life I could very easily see myself getting used to. There is nothing more relaxing than spending a day alternating between swimming in the beautiful translucent Mediterranean waters and drying off on shore in the sun. In fact, that's exactly what I have done the last 2 out of 3 days. And what's on the agenda for today? You guessed it, more beach time. As the remaining days of the program begin to quickly count down, I am glad that we were able to enjoy a full on ‘beach phase’ so to speak and enjoy the island’s natural beauty to its fullest extent.

With our first two projects and our exam in the rear view, I’d say this is the least stressed state I’ve been in in months, bar none. Every moment feels as though passes in a purely leisurely manner and I’m loving every second of it. Yesterday after the beach we waited for about two hours for a bus to come by that wasn’t too crowded to get on. This unluckily never ended up happening and we decided to walk the entire 5 or so miles back to our dorms; a beautiful walk that seemed to only take minutes. I can’t convey how great it feels to be in a state of pure enjoyment of my life at this moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment